At the newly launched Public Service Research Group one of the things we have been busy thinking about is the development of executive education and professional development courses. We see this as an important part of the way that we go about translating research evidence in a way that is useful to practice, promoting the impact of our work and supporting those who work in public service contexts.
All of our programs are intellectually-stimulating and delivered in a highly interactive format to ensure that learning is applicable within the workplace. Our programs can be delivered as intensive subjects over a few days or can be tailored to be ongoing programs (in an action learning form, for example) where participants are supported as they tackle real-life issues. Programs can be delivered as residential, campus-based or work-place based in any area of Australia and overseas. We work to an approach that encourages participants to bring their expertise to the learning experience and to combine this with that of others and our facilitators to generate actionable solutions.
We have just advertised the latest of these – a commissioning bootcamp – which is a two day programme designed for those who work in commissioning roles or in provider organisations who are being increasingly required to work within a commissioning environment. This is designed to bring together a small group who will work together with leading experts to address real-life challenges and find solutions. Ultimately the bootcamp aims to produce better understanding into the key issues faced by commissioners and providers and to develop useable tools and strategies that participants can apply within their work contexts.
At the end of the bootcamp, participants will:
- Understand what a commissioning process entails and some of the tools available to improve these processes
- Have an overview of the evidence for commissioning including the impacts it can produce and the factors which enable high quality commissioning
- Understand the standards of high quality commissioning and how to apply them in their own organisational context
- Have an insight into the different roles that partner organisations play in the commissioning process
- Have an intermediate understanding of how to operate a commissioning approach
You can download the flyer for the commissioning bootcamp here – 170913 PSRG Brochure – Commissioning bootcamp
And more details on our other courses can be found on the website